Phone: (925) 210-2846
Fax: (925) 945-1975
Jon Eldredge graduated cum laude from the University of San Francisco School of Law and is a member of the McAuliffe Honor Society. He interned with the Honorable Ignazio J. Ruvolo of the California Court of Appeal, First District in San Francisco. He has been designated a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine.
- Adelhelm, et al. v. Union Oil, et al. (Santa Barbara Superior Court) Represented ConocoPhillips in a series of homeowner litigations involving real estate developments on former oil fields in Santa Maria, California.
- Barbara’s Bakery class actions (U.S.D.C. N.D. Cal. and E.D.N.Y., and Cal. Sup. Ct.) Represented health foods manufacturers in a national class action lawsuit brought by purchasers alleging “all natural” foods were false and misleading because they allegedly contained genetically modified ingredients and synthetic ingredients. The matter settled on a national class basis.
- Barrous v. British Petroleum, et al. (U.S.D.C. N.D. Cal.). Represented BP and other defendants in an environmental contamination lawsuit brought by a neighbor of a service station in San Jose. Case settled after motions in limine were filed.
- Fazli v. ConocoPhillips Company (U.S.D.C. N.D. Cal. and U.S.C.A. 9th Cir.). Represented ConocoPhillips in action by former franchisee alleging improper franchise nonrenewal. Obtained summary judgment in trial court, then successfully briefed and argued appeal in Ninth Circuit.
- General Electric Co. v. Wilkins (E.D. Cal.) Represented General Electric in inventorship dispute.
- In re ConocoPhillips Service Station Rent Litigation (U.S.D.C. N.D. Cal.). Represented ConocoPhillips in Multi-District Litigation brought by California service station dealers challenging rent and other franchise policies. Obtained complete dismissal via dispositive motion.
- Isaac v. ConocoPhillips Company (Los Angeles County Superior Court). Currently represent ConocoPhillips in putative national class action under California Consumer Legal Remedies Act and Unfair Competition Law.
- San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District v. Underwriting Members of Lloyds’ Syndicates (San Mateo Superior Court) Represented BART, a public transit service, in suing underwriters for bad faith denial of insurance coverage. Defendant settled.
- Learning Technology Partners v. University of the Incarnate Word (N.D. Cal.) Successfully defended the University at a jury trial where the plaintiff alleged $10 million in damages for breach of contract, including recovery of attorneys’ fees.
Areas of Practice:
- Employment Law
- Products Liability
- Real Property
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Toxic Torts
- Oil & Gas
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Petroleum Marketing
- Class Actions
- California, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- J.D. – University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California, 2005
- Honors: Member, McAuliffe Honors Society
- Law Journal: University of San Francisco Law Review, Senior Staff Member
- B.A. – Whittier College, Whittier, California, 2002
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Major: Psychology
Eldredge, Jon, Detainment of United States Citizens as Enemy Combatants Under a Fourth Amendment Historical Analysis, 6 Journal of Law and Social Challenges 19, 2004