Phone: (925) 210-2800
Fax: (925) 945-1975
Adam Friedenberg is an experienced trial and appellate lawyer who represents both plaintiffs and defendants in individual and class actions. He regularly serves as lead counsel for various Fortune companies, as well as smaller companies and individuals. Mr. Friedenberg specializes in complex commercial litigation, but also has extensive experience handling environmental, toxic tort, intellectual property, and labor and employment matters. He further has broad experience handling petroleum marketing disputes, including under the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act, and also provides advice and counseling on legal issues impacting the downstream petroleum industry.
Mr. Friedenberg is a 1999 graduate of the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. In addition to the California Bar, he is a member of the Florida Bar, and has practiced in Florida. He has been designated a California “Super Lawyer,” a rating reserved to the top five percent of all California attorneys, each year since 2013.
- WiFi Rail, Inc. v. San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District (Alameda County Superior Court). Lead trial counsel in a $26.5 million suit against BART related to an on-train WiFi project. Obtained a complete defense verdict after a four-week jury trial.
- Cusack-Acocella, et al., v. Dual Diagnosis, et al. (United States District Court, Central District of California). Lead counsel for a class of ERISA plan members in action against plan fiduciaries. Case resolved favorably after the District Court certified the class, denied the principal defendant’s summary judgment motion, and appointed Glynn & Finley class counsel.
- Sharpe 4 v. California Residential Opportunity Fund, et al. (American Arbitration Association). Represented claimant in securities fraud arbitration. Case resolved favorably shortly after initiation of arbitration.
- Phillips 66 v. ARCO, et al. (Los Angeles County Superior Court). Represented Phillips 66 in action to enforce right of first refusal to purchase pipeline to Los Angeles International Airport. Case resolved on favorable terms on eve of trial.
- Aana, et al. v. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. (U.S.D.C. Hawaii). Represented Pioneer in mass tort claim concerning farming operations brought by neighboring landowners. Tried bellwether claims to jury verdict, followed by resolution of remaining claims.
- Jang, et al. v. E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.D.C. N.D. Cal./ 9th Circuit) Represented DuPont in putative class action challenging aspects of employee stock option program. Obtained dismissal via dispositive motion, affirmed by Ninth Circuit.
- Isaac v. ConocoPhillips Company (Los Angeles County Superior Court). Lead counsel for ConocoPhillips Company in consumer class action. Defeated class certification, after which case resolved for no payment.
- In re ConocoPhillips Service Station Rent Litigation (United States District Court, Northern District of California). Lead counsel for ConocoPhillips in Multi-District Litigation brought by California service station dealers challenging rent and other franchise policies. Obtained complete dismissal via dispositive motion.
- Houtan Petroleum Corporation v. ConocoPhillips Company (U.S.D.C. N.D. Cal.). Lead trial counsel for ConocoPhillips in action by former franchisee alleging improper franchise termination. Tried case to jury verdict; obtained defense verdict and full recovery on ConocoPhillips’ counterclaims.
- Phillips 66 Benzene Product Liability Litigation (California Superior Courts). Lead counsel for Phillips 66 Company in various benzene litigations venued throughout California.
Areas of Practice:
- Commercial Litigation
- Class Actions
- Labor And Employment
- Intellectual Property
- Product Liability
- California, 1999
- Florida, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- J.D. – University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California, 1999
- Law Journal: Communications and Entertainment Law Journal, Member, 1998 – 1999
- B.A. – The University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1996
- Major: History