Adam M. Rapp
Phone: (925) 210-2803
Fax: (925) 945-1975
Adam M. Rapp is a trial and appellate lawyer with experience in federal and state courts and private arbitration proceedings. He has advised and represented clients in a wide variety of litigation matters, including on commercial, intellectual property, attorney malpractice, real estate, environmental, and bankruptcy issues. Mr. Rapp has significant arbitration experience, including enforcing agreements to arbitrate, trying cases to conclusion, and defending the awards in trial court and appellate proceedings. He maintains a robust pro bono practice ranging from impact litigation challenging the constitutionality of California’s school funding scheme to helping an elderly Bay Area couple avoid foreclosure by bringing claims for fraud and elder abuse and obtaining emergency relief on their behalf.
Mr. Rapp graduated magna cum laude and Order of the Coif from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he served on the editorial board of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review and as Managing Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review Online. Prior to joining the firm, he served as law clerk to the Honorable Mary A. McLaughlin of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and practiced with Arnold & Porter in San Francisco.
- Millennium Tower Litigations (San Francisco County Superior Court and U.S.D.C. N.D. Cal.) Representing developer and its related entities and founders in a series of fraud and construction-defect litigations associated with the construction and marketing of the Millennium Tower in San Francisco.
- Pacific Imaging Technologies, Inc. v. OEC Medical Systems, Inc. (Contra Costa County Superior Court and U.S.D.C. D. Utah) Representing GE Healthcare affiliate in suit alleging breach of contract and business torts arising from termination of distribution relationship.
- Sacramento Suburban Water District v. Elementis Chromium, Inc., et al. (U.S.D.C. E.D. Cal.) Representing DuPont in suit alleging hexavalent chromium contamination in areas adjacent to former McClellan Air Force Base.
- Yuzon v. Contra Costa Community College District, et al. (Contra Costa County Superior Court) Representing laboratory equipment manufacturer in suit alleging strict products liability relating to on-campus accident during science demonstration.
- Haas, et al. v. St. Joseph Health, et al. (Sonoma County Superior Court) Representing GE Healthcare in wrongful death suit alleging strict products liability arising out of complications during surgery.
Areas of Practice:
- General Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Environmental Litigation
- Products Liability
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- California, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- J.D. – University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2011
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A. (with distinction) – Stanford University, Stanford, California, 2004
- Major: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of California
Past Employment Positions:
- Arnold & Porter, Associate (2012–2017)
- Mary A. McLaughlin, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, law clerk (2011–2012)